Tuesday, January 31, 2012

My Betty Blowtorch Baptism by Fire

0 comments



For better or worse, I'm never 100% satisfied with anything I do, which might explain why I haven't done a whole helluva lot in my 41 years. But that's another story for another time.

In this instance, I'm referring to my very glaring omission of any mention of the band Betty Blowtorch in my interviews with former BB members Blare N. Bitch, Sharon Needles and Judy Cocuzza (a.k.a. Judy Molish). Needless to say, this omission bothered the fuck out of me all weekend long, eventually prompting me to email the ladies and request a second interview specifically about BB, which all 3 graciously agreed to.

In preparation for those interviews, I decided to seek out Betty Blowtorch and Her Amazing True Life Adventures, Anthony Scarpa's 2003 documentary. Fortunately, the entire film is available to watch for free on YouTube (and posted above). So late yesterday afternoon, I decided to take a break from my eternal job search, emails, texts, Facebook, Twitter, message boards, etc. (in that order - SERIOUSLY) and watch it.

And, I gotta say, I loved every second of it. Especially all the kick ass BB tunes.

So anyway, this post isn't so much a review of said film as it is a mention of sorts for the upcoming BB reunion show with Mia X on bass and vocals (along with other special guest vocalists) for the late Bianca Halstead (a.k.a. Bianca Butthole). I'll post all the info on that as soon as I get it. And needless to say, I WILL BE AT THAT SHOW.

Speaking of Mia X, please be sure to check out all of her endeavors: The UVs, RockShopNRoll and Rebel Music TV. All good stuff and she's a really cool person to boot.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blogger Template by Clairvo